6.02.2005

It's the Store 2 Miles South of the Old Barn that Burned Down 6 years ago

Frequently we receive calls from people who had serious issues with stores or left something in one of our stores, but cannot tell us which store it is. These calls go something like this call I took today.

Me: And what city and state is the store in, sir?

Caller: It's in California on Road 8.

Me: Sir, I will need to know what city in California the store is in or the zip code.

Caller: It's not in a city. It's on Road 8!

Me: (rolling eyes) Sir, I would very much like to help you, but in order to do so, I need to know who I will need to contact and the only way for me to find that out is to know which store you visited.

Caller: Okay, it was on Road 8 off I-5.

Me: You did already tell me that, sir, can you tell me what city the store is in?

Caller: It's not in a city!! It's an off ramp!

Me: Sir, like I said I would really like to help you, but I'm not sure how right now.

FInally after going through this a few more times the caller gave me a couple cities the store was in between and allowed me to put him on hold so I could search my atlas. Amazingly, I was actually able to find the city this time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

I used to handle customer service for 17 furniture stores (one region of a national chain)... thanks for reminding me why I got OUT. ; ) On the other hand... I was recently in an auto accident, fresh from the airport in an unfamiliar city and all I could tell the 911 dispatcher was "the first on-ramp to I-5 from the airport." He asked me to be more specific 20 times and I wanted to be helpful with landmarks, but I just didn't KNOW which one. It works both ways.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Recipies ice cream andnot ice cream makers 2006 hmong sports festival As iron seen soldering tv Cooking schools in tuscany italy Sports academy store Auto alarm memphis Wide leg pinstripe pants Dodge truck box Texas hold&apos em stats

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! basel gay saunas

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home