5.04.2005

The Customer Is Right 87% of the Time

I'm not entirely sure where this myth started, but everyone seems to feel that it clears them from any need to take decent common courtesy into account when calling a customer service line. Before you decide I am just a jaded customer service rep who doesn't care about the customer, please think about the fact that in the past 8 years I have been working in the service industry the only people who have uttered these words to me have been self-entitled pricks who believe the rules do not apply to them.

On the other side of this are the people who just don't seem to understand reality.

These are the people who make you wish it was possible to reach into the phone and slap them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Buzzy said...

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe that Burger King started the whole "the customer is always right" thing.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home